Information, Rules, and Safety for the Muddy Duck Dash
Sponsored by Safelite Autoglass
In order to create a fun and safe race, the implementation of these rules is for your protection.
- Muddy Duck Dash is a rain or shine event. In the case of dangerous weather that threatens the safety of participants or staff, the event director(s) reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event. In the event of a cancellation, there will be no refunds or transfers. The Muddy Duck Dash will still make donations to its charities.
- All participants will adhere to the instructions given by the race director, race staff, volunteers, and medical personnel.
- Runners understand that this race is high-adventure and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the event.
- Strollers, wheeled carts, bicycles, skates, or other mobile devices are prohibited from the race.
- Participants must wear their designated Muddy Duck Dash race number on their body at all times.
- Registration is closed approximately 10 minutes before race time.
- All participants must sign an event waiver before competing.
- NO TRACK SPIKES or heels please!
Muddy Duck Awards and Schwag!
Each participant will receive a Muddy Duck Dash technical shirt, finisher medal, as well as their very own rubber duck (details below).
We are not formally timing the event, but will have a running clock. We are stressing this event as a fun experience with a less competitive approach.
YOU MUST RUN IN YOUR ASSIGNED WAVE! The race will take place in a succession of waves that begin every 10 – 15 minutes. The first runners wave will run at approximately 8:00am. Each wave will have about 125 runners in that race. Wave selection can be chosen at the online registration page.
Timing – Chip timing – Note: NO TIMING FOR THE 2016 EVENT
The timing chips are located in your race packet and are built into your race number. These must be worn from the beginning to the end of the race for your time to be logged.
Completion of all the obstacles may be hazardous to participants. It is the individual’s responsibility to judge whether or not the obstacle is too dangerous.
It is the runner’s responsibility to notify a course official if an obstacle is too hazardous to complete.
Any runner who receives help from an official or skips an obstacle may not be eligible to receive an award in their category.
Muddy Duck Dash – Rules of the event and specifics:
- You must carry your duck at all times during the race! We kinda see it as your duck is racing, and you are just transporting it to the finish-line!
- Your duck can only complete the course on your person. Take care of your duck, love it, care for it, and help it get to the finish-line! It must be in your possession at all times!
- Your ducks are very sensitive and loving. Please treat them with care and respect.
- Throwing, biting, kicking, or hurting your duck is strictly prohibited.
- Ducks must be in your possession at all times in order for them to be protected. You must finish the race with your duck in order to be counted as a legitimate finisher.
- Runners should wear running shoes and dress appropriately.
- No track spikes are allowed.
- Please be aware of other participants at all times.
- Be safe, and use caution at all times. This event takes place on uneven terrain.
- Volunteers will be stationed throughout the race in order to assist a runner.
- Runners assume all responsibility for medical expenses as a result of participating in Muddy Duck Dash, including but not limited to hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services.
- Be respectful of all runners on the course at all time for every one’s safety and in the interest of good sportsmanship.
Duck Decorating Contest (see tab for more specifics)
- Participants are encouraged to decorate their duck prior to the event start. Paint it, dress it up, Sharpie it, etc. Be sure to include your race number as part of the decoration!
- You must carry your decorated duck through the race, no decorating or duck repair allowed after race completion. Display your duck as it is!
- After the race, place your decorated duck on the display table.
- Voting will take place for the best decorated duck.
- In decorating your duck, your race number MUST be clearly and visibly decorated on the duck for proper voting!
Schedule and Map
2016 Muddy Duck Dash Race Maps will be uploaded at a later date. Obstacles still under construction!!!
2013 Muddy Duck Dash Race Map
“Duck Dash” and “Little Duck Dash” Race Map. The “Little” race will be a modified version of the “Duck Dash”
Address: University of North Georgia (formerly Gainesville State College), 3820 Mundy Mill Rd Oakwood, GA (off 985 exit 16)
Packet pickup location: Lower parking deck on the UNG campus. This is also the race start location.
Friday, April 29 from 12 noon -7pm.
Race Day from 6:30-12 noon
*All race participants will receive their race number, runner bag, performance shirt, and rubber duck at packet-pickup.
Schedule for Race Day April 22nd:
6:30AM Day-of Registration & Packet Pickup opens
7:50AM pre race discussion at the start line
8:00AM Muddy Duck Dash Start – Wave 1, with each of the following waves staggered by 10 minutes
Kids Duck Dash Races Start time estimated at noon.
Here is the old 2013 radio spot we did to promote the event: